Sunday 24 January 2010

Reproduction ..


The group I meet with has reproduced itself!

Let me explain....

Last week we began to do some cross stitch on Saturday mornings, replacing the card making we had been doing. Now, I can just about sew a button on and as for hems .... the sticky stuff does a good job, so to find myself having fun while doing cross stitch just didn't seem possible but I did! I really took to it and have so got a new hobby for the spare time I don't have.

Yesterday we began by having a conversation about the funeral practices of different communities which was weird but was a way into faith conversation which was interesting.

Anyhow, the good news, in fact the amazing news is ....... the group is going to meet twice a week!
The cross stitching has proved so popular that the person who came to show us how to do it suggested yesterday that we should form a small group doing cross stitching and ask a few others to come. For me this was great news and an answer to prayer! This lady has opened up her home on Thursday mornings to host a cross stitching group and I hear already that two more people want to join in ...... so the group has reproduced! I think this is just amazing and not something I saw coming ..... but it came about because the person felt a prompting from God to offer to host this as she wanted a way in which to serve God.

It's exciting ..... and I can only imagine the possibilities .....

3 comments:

Migs said...

congratulations on having a baby! it is true then that God builds his church!!

emergingdragon said...

wow, who'd have thought. will you let her get on with it or will you want to 'pastor' that new church?

I can only imagine said...

It will definitely be a case of let her get on with it! There are two other ladies from the church who are going to join in and the ladies I've been meeting with know them and have respect for them! It has just been amazing how this has worked out.

We're also doing Bill Hybels "Just walk across the room" dvd course in our Bible Study and this has also had an amazing impact on how people now view evangelism! I think they want to start all sorts of networks to make contact with those who fall into the category of dechurched or unchurched.

It has been awesome to sit back and reflect on what God is up to .. give me more ;D