Friday 18 September 2009

New emphasis

Now the emphasis of this blog changes!

I'm doing some study on Mission, particularly the emerging church (whatever that is)
Anyhow, when I signed up to do it I noticed for one module there were 3 choices: a literature review on emerging church,... attend training course/s on emerging church/fresh exp ... or pioneer a church. Okay, so the attend training course appealed, the others did not. Guess what - the rules changed: only option was to pioneer a church.
Yikes!
Here are the criteria we've to follow: it's to be fun; it's to be done in spare time; it does not require a lot of leaders; it does not need a big budget! Oh and you have to blog about it :)
Can it be done?
Well, I'm about to find out.
First and foremost I've listened .... I've listened to people within the community I work, people who don't come to church. They leave their children at various activities.
So, way back last November, some of them asked me if they could do something on Saturday mornings when they left the children to the Saturday morning children's club. I tried to dissuade them by suggesting it was great to be able to leave the children and go and have some time on their own - but they disagreed!

As i listened, I heard needs, so I said I'd think about it - they persisted, I resisted!

But now, tomorrow, we meet! Will this be church? It's new.
It will certainly be my project for my Masters. Is it pioneering?
I've listened ..... I'm on my knees ..... there'll be plenty of coffee .... conversations ..... let's see what emerges .....

This blog will now be the place where I will track the progress of this experiment/project/church/pioneering initiative ..... and as the title of this blog says ... I can only imagine .....

1 comment:

Virtual Methodist said...

God bless... look forward to hearing how it goes... and not only on the blog